SULFUR RECOVERY TECHNOLOGIST (M/F)
Based in Rueil-Malmaison, as Sulfur Recovery Technologist, you draw up technical answers to tenders for catalysts and you provide support to sales and marketing actions in your field of intervention for which you are one of the people who ensures our knowledge and expertise. You also provide technical assistance for the units in cooperation with the managers of the geographical zone, the market managers, as well as with other Axens entities.
Assigned to the Sulfur Recovery Business Line (BL) under the responsibility of the Business Line Team Manager, your field of intervention will concern all Claus and Tail Gas hydrogenation catalysts.
Your mission involves frequent travels abroad.
- Preparing technical proposals to answer to calls for bids for catalysts. For this, you determine performances, operating conditions and technical guarantees.
- Providing technical support to the sales managers in defending offers before customers and promoting the catalysts that you are in charge of through marketing actions: publications, presentations at conferences and seminars.
- Manage an units portfolio and maintain regular technical relations with clients through performance reviews, technical visits on site, troubleshooting, etc.
- Carrying out technical assistance missions on the customer’s premises: presenting the results of monitoring, replacing/activating catalysts, troubleshooting, etc.
- Participating in gathering, synthesizing and using data relative to Claus with feedbacks from the operational units that you monitor ; this is done in cooperation with the Technology Development Managers at the Technology Development & Innovation (TDI) division.
- Maintaining technical expertise in cooperation with the manager of the TDI field and contributing to the development of the BL’s product offering.
PROFILE & SKILLS REQUIRED
You validated advanced scientific studies such as chemical or general engineering, allowing you to develop competencies in catalysis;
You preferably have an initial experience in basic engineering design, or in operating industrial sulfur recovery units, or in the field of refining or natural gas treatment catalysts
- You are a good team player with strong listening skills, which is necessary for exchanging efficient information with the various Axens entities concerned and our customers;
- You have very good interpersonal skills and qualities such as strength of conviction are essential, notably in supporting activities for the sales team;
- Your rigor and a sense of realities coupled with your ability to be succinct, your good communication skills, both written and oral and your capacity to prepare technical arguments and to present them, are qualities expected for the technical proposals and technical assistance missions;
- You have a good team spirit, are willing exchange information and share your knowledge with your teammates;
- The team’s small size requires that the person becomes independent quickly;
- Availability is required for many short trips.
- A good level of English is fundamental for this position