Tail Gas Treatment
Over the last 30 years, continuous Axens R&D efforts contributed to a drastic change in the recovery of sulfur.
The sulfur recovery unit is now a key unit of the refinery, and environmental concerns go increasing. Axens pioneered the use of titanium dioxide catalysts to boost the efficiency of the Claus unit, and our low temperature catalysts allow major energy and costs savings on the Claus tail gas treatment units, and even a revolution in the way these units are designed.
Axens is recognized as the World leader in sulfur recovery catalysts, offering innovative solutions to the specific problems related to sulfur processing, and bringing essential support to its customers.
We offer a broad range of products for recovering sulfur:
- Regular Claus alumina: CR
- Boosted alumina for COS hydrolysis: CR-3S
- Active bed support: DR
- Pure titanium dioxide catalysts: CRS 31 and CRS 31 TL
- Oxygen scavenging materials: AM and AMS
- BTX management catalyst: CSM 31
- Claus tail gas hydrogenation catalysts: TG 103 and TG 133
- Low temperature hydrogenation catalysts: TG 107 and TG 136
There is an Axens’ product for every of your sulfur recovery needs.