Where is AR 707 used?
- Description: aromatics Production
- Characteristics: Multipromoted Pt, Sn on high density Al2O3
AR 707 is a a multi-metallic, platinum-tin, aromizing catalyst, developed for the production of C6-C8 aromatics from naphtha with maximum selectivity. AR 707 has been designed for the continuous IFP Energies nouvelles/ Axens Aromizing® regenerative process and can be used in other technologies. The merits of AR 707 result in a maximum conversion of naphtenes and paraffins into aromatics with lower coke formation than previous generation catalysts at lower platinum inventory. AR 707 provides :
- High activity
- Exceptional mechanical strength leading to minimal abrasion during catalyst transfer through lifts between reactor/regenerator.
- High regenerability due to low surface area decrease after numerous regenerations.
- Superior chloride retention owing to the combined effect of its special carrier and promoters. Refiners therefore benefit by adding less chloride and requiring less chloride clean up.
- Low coke due to its multi-metallic formulation. Refiners therefore have opportunities to increase operation severity (higher throughput, feed severity) without facing coke burning limitations.