APC - Eluxyl
The Eluxyl advanced control package combines Axens' latest generation multivariable controller MVAC with an on-line reaction model; it is designed to maximize the benefits from the Eluxyl process, in an environment with complex, slow and non-linear multivariable interactions.
As process licensor and advanced control technology supplier, Axens combines all the necessary expertise for successful Eluxyl APC projects.
A 6 step patented control strategy
- input/output transformations for interaction decoupling & linearization
- optimization and control of adsorption profile
- to prevent extract pollution by EB
- to control Paraxylene losses in the raffinate
- maximization of Paraxylene yield for a given extract purity
- maximization of extract / raffinate ratio
- minimization of desorbent / feed ratio
- feed forward compensation for changes in feed composition
The Eluxyl control package uses Axens' MVAC on-line optimization capability to push the unit as near as possible to the optimal operation of the adsorption unit.
- Energy saving - 4%
- Improvement of operational stability
- Improvement of Paraxylene yield
- Constant Paraxylene purity