APC - Reforming
APC uses a model-based predictive control technology that drives the process towards the desired targets through the manipulation of several variables simultaneously while observing all process constraints. APC has a proven track record in delivering business objectives: reducing energy costs, increasing yields and improving operability.
As a process licensor and catalyst supplier, Axens is well positioned to offer models and first-hand knowledge of the best strategies for APC projects.
Our control strategy for CCR Reforming consists of:
- Heaters: Tube Skin temperature and Duty protection
- WAIT control for Octane (or aromatics )
- Feed maximization and Pressure minimization
- Coke lay-down control by H2/HC minimization
- Coke on catalyst (wt%) control by catalyst flow
- Coke burn balance between the combustion beds
- Stabilizer column
- Reformate RVP control
- Minimization of Reformate losses in top product
- Internal reflux minimization
APC - CCR - Commercial Bulletin