APC - Isomerization
APC uses a model-based predictive control technology that drives the process towards the desired targets through the manipulation of several variables simultaneously while observing all process constraints. APC has a proven track record in delivering business objectives: reducing energy costs, increasing yields and improving operability.
As a process licensor and catalyst supplier, Axens is well positioned to offer models and first-hand knowledge of the best strategies for APC projects.
Our control strategy for C5-C6 Isomerization consists of:
- H2/HC control by adjustment of H2 make-up to minimize Scrubber Hydrogen purge
- Optional Benzene Hydrogenation reactor: R1
- Prevention of outlet temperature excursions
- Isomerization Reactors: R2 and R3
- Control of temperature profile at optimal target
- DeIsoHexanizer column (DIH)
- Minimization of 2,3-DMB (2,3 dimethylbutane) in recycle:
- High octane component, retained in Light Isomerate
- Minimization of MCP (Methylcyclopentane) in recycle:
- Isomerization inhibitor, purged in Heavy Isomerate
- Reflux ratio control by reboiler duty