APC - Polynaphtha
APC uses a model-based predictive control technology that drives the process towards the desired targets through the manipulation of several variables simultaneously while observing all process constraints. APC has a proven track record in delivering business objectives: reducing energy costs, increasing yields and improving operability.
As a process licensor, catalyst manufacturer and advanced control technology supplier, Axens combines all the necessary expertise for successful Polynaphtha APC projects.
Our control strategy for Polynaphtha consists of:
- selective hydrogenation (Alkyfining)
- Respect specifications for diolefins and acetylenics in effluent: Butadiene (BD) & MAPD
- Limit olefin hydrogenation
- Monitor individual ΔTs
- Control global ΔT for olefins conversion and Gasoline/Distillate (G/D) ratio
- Optimization of recycle rate
- Minimization of the reboiler duty to achieve product separation through the control of the internal reflux ratio (IRR).