Operations Training delivers in-depth knowledge of each Axens process and especially of the customer’s unit. On completion of the course, the attendants will have:
- A general understanding of the significance of the unit within the site scheme
- A broad technical understanding of the catalyst and the chemical reactions involved in the process
- A detailed knowledge of the Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and equipment
- A thorough understanding of operating conditions and their impact on performance
- A good overview of the start-up and shutdown activities (the review of detailed procedures is not included in the course).
- A working knowledge of the main troubleshooting actions
Duration: The duration of this training course depends on the complexity of the process. It can vary from three to five days for small units but for FCC units may last up to ten days.
The content and duration of the course can be adapted to suit the level and knowledge of the participants.
Attendance: This course is aimed at unit process engineers, unit technical managers, shift leaders and boardmen. Skilled outside operators may also attend to improve their knowledge of the process.
In 2010, Axens provided 60 training sessions covering 25 different Axens technologies, delivering diplomas to more than 1000 process engineers and operators.
Participant’s satisfaction is measured at the end of each course. The average level of satisfaction has been measured as between excellent and good with particular appreciation of the trainers’ competence and the quality of documentation.