Where is Training on Simulators-VGO HDT used?
Training on Simulators - VGO HDT
VGO HDT Training Simulator is a static simulator.
During a simulator session, trainees learn how the VGO HDT unit works:
- Observe the effects of modifying: temperatures of different beds, feed flowrate, hydrocarbon washing, catalyst activity, reboiling ratio, gasoil flowrate, feed sulfur, feed heavy compounds, amine, etc.
- Troubleshooting / case studies: determine what happened and the actions necessary to solve the issue.
- Specific case studies can be generated on request.
Two-day session led by two Axens instructors:
- Day 1: The course begins with familiarization with the simulation tool. Then, attendees modify the parameters to discover the consequences of operating parameter changes in hands-on exercises that are backed-up with documentation provided by Axens.
- Day 2: The objective of the day is to use the simulator as a tool in troubleshooting and to react to new scenarios. Up to ten industrial case-studies of off-spec product will be submitted to the trainees; their role is to find the source of the problem and to make the appropriate changes in operating conditions to bring the product back within specifications.