HP FCC (High Propylene FCC)
When the process objective is maximum propylene production, specific technology features must be added to the FCC unit.
Axens’ strategy to maximize propylene production includes the following elements:
- Maximize the yield of light olefins and maximum liquid using FCC cracking catalyst at high severity in combination with proprietary FCC hardware to promote low delta coke (feed injectors, stripper packing) and minimize fuel gas (RS² separator, feed injectors)
- Minimize hydrogen transfer reactions by reducing the hydrocarbon partial pressure, optimizing the FCC catalyst, adjusting the reaction time.
- Utilize ZSM-5 catalyst additive at optimum concentrations in equilibrium catalyst to convert the light olefin precursors that exist in the cracked gasoline product
- Convert Butene and Pentene into oligomers for recycle cracking in the FCC into propylene using FlexEneTM
- Integrate a dedicated riser zone for light naphtha cracking if maximum propylene is targeted - PetroRiserTM.
Depending on the quality of the feed and the propylene and other product targets, Axens can develop customized solutions for:
- Maximum LPG and Gasoline or "High Propylene"
- Maximum Propylene
- Maximum Distillate & LPG