Where is APC-Prime-G+ used?
APC - Prime-G+
APC solution for Prime-G+ Unit
The Prime-G+ advanced control package combines Axens' latest generation multivariable controller MVAC, with on line reactor models and optimizer, in association with inferentials; it is designed to maximize the benefits from Prime-G+ process at the lowest operating cost.
As process licensor, catalyst manufacturer and advanced control technology supplier, Axens combines all the necessary expertise for successful Prime-G+ APC projects.
An eight-step control strategy
- precise control of sulfur in HCN and LCN products
- octane loss minimization
- adjustment of hydrogen make-up for optimal H2/HC ratio in the 2 reactor sections
- control of diolefin hydrogenation
- control of reactor bed outlet temperatures
- catalyst deactivation monitoring
- splitter cutpoint optimization
- splitter reboiler optimization
- throuput maximization (if the possibility exists)
The Prime-G+ optimization module uses Axens' reactor models to calculate optimal reactor operating conditions (MV and CV targets) to achieve the required desulfurization at minimum octane loss. These targets are controlled by the MVAC.
Axens' unique octane loss inference, based on kinetic model, allows precise octane loss estimation, and octane loss minimization.
The Prime-G+ splitter optimization module uses Axens' splitter model to calculate optimal splitter cutpoint, and required LCN and HCN sulfur targets, at minimum octane loss.
- Sulfur on spec without give-away : +- 0.5 ppm
- Minimization of octane loss : - 20%
- Reduction of hydrogen make up : - 20%
- Catalyst run length maximization : + 3 months
SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
DECEMBER 3, 2015
OCTOBER 31, 2012
SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
MAY 23, 2012
APRIL 2, 2012