Where is APC-R2R used?
APC - R2R
A tailored application for R2R Units
The R2R advanced control package combines Axens' latest generation multivariable controller MVAC, in association with on line inferential technology; it is designed to maximize the benefits from R2R process, in an environment with difficult multivariable interactions.
As a process licensor and advanced control technology supplier, Axens combines all the necessary expertise for successful R2R APC projects.
A nine-step control strategy
- control of conversion by adjusting severity
- combustion control in both regenerators
- control of catalyst valve position, to keep unit stable and controllable
- protection of regenerator temperature constraints
- protection of air blower and WGC constraints
- control of fractionator product qualities
- control of fractionator bottom temperature (to prevent coking)
- protection of Gas Recovery Unit constraints (FG & LPG)
- throuput maximization
The R2R control package uses Axens' MVAC on-line optimization capability to push the unit as near as possible to specified targets. Economic optimization can also be implemented.
Axens' inferential technology is used for on-line estimation of main fractionator product qualities.
- Maximization of unit throughput
- Improvement of product quality
- Improvement of yield of most valuable product
- Improvement of operational stability
- Safe protection of unit material constraints
- Minimization of energy consumption