Where is Atol used?
Renewables & Alternatives
Atol™ is a technology for the most profitable production of polymer grade bio-ethylene by dehydration of 1G and 2G renewable ethanol.
The bio-ethylene produced can be integrated in existing downstream polymerization installations such as polyethylene (PE), polystyrene (PS), polyethyleneteraphthalate (PET), polyvinylchloride (PVC) and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) without need for modifications.
Atol™ relies on Axens’ high performance catalyst (ATO 201) and on an innovative process providing the following main features:
• Robustness to feedstock qualities: Atol™ has the flexibility to handle with different quality of ethanol from 1st and/or 2nd generation coming from several sources even highly diluted.
• High catalyst activity: significantly less catalyst required as compared to conventional catalyst, resulting in the reduction of reactor volume and catalytic cost.
• In-Situ Regenerable catalyst ensuring long catalyst life time and handling with feedstocks quality fluctuation
• Optimized reaction section for maximum heat recovery.
• Simplified ethylene purification section due to high catalyst selectivity
• Robust and reliable process scheme with only fully proven solution.
Based on a high performance catalyst and innovative process, Atol™ opens the way to a very attractive production of bio-ethylene from renewable resources with improved Ethylene yield and lower energy consumption (and lower CO2 emissions) with equipment optimization.