AdvaMEG™ is a pioneering technology with first worldwide offshore reference installed in the Gulf of Mexico in 1999, originally developed by CCR Ltd, and now exclusively licensed by Axens.
This technology is highly reliable and cost-effective solution for MEG regeneration and reclamation and allows the delivery of a clean lean MEG suitable for reinjection into flow lines.
By using a vacuum distillation and purification system protected by several patents, it allows the removal of water from the rich MEG but also all types of salts (monovalent & divalent salts) originating from the water formation and from the flow assurance loop. The technology removes glycol contaminants and enables high MEG recovery while minimizing waste effluents.
The highlights of AdvaMEG™ solution are:
- The experience of Axens as process licensor and as well as an engineering company delivering complete skid mounted processing unit, for both onshore and offshore applications.
- The continuous improvement of its current know-how based on operating feedbacks and results from its long-term R&D collaboration with key partners.
- The selection of equipment and materials which have proven their reliability and high efficiency and are suitable for motions on floating support.
Axens tailors each design to client requirements and specifications. Thanks to its experience, Axens is able to offer all types of scheme:
- Conventional Regeneration with the possibility to include specific design features to handle the limited presence of salts even if not removed.
- Integrated scheme where both monovalent and divalent salts as well as water are removed in the same unit operating under vacuum.
- Slip-stream scheme with divalent salts removal in a first section, water separation in a dedicated regeneration section operating slightly under pressure and finally a monovalent salts removal section operating under vacuum.
Thanks to its deep experience and knowledge in the field of MEG reclamation, Axens is able to advise on stage-investment approach to optimize unit CAPEX especially at early stage of a project increasing its overall profitability.
17 Industrial references
of MEG Regeneration and Reclamation
> 99.5 % MEG recovery and significant environmental benefits
(recovered salts and water quality are suitable for discharge)
long-term operability & reliability