Technical Support & Performance Management
For the “ready on-time”, safe start-up
Safe Commissioning: from inspections to Catalysts loading
Axens experienced start-up Advisors will come on site to perform a complete and detailed inspection of the units, associated equipment and P&ID to ensure the construction conformity to Axens original Process Design Package.
Afterward, to get a “Ready for Start-up" meeting all safety compliances, a dedicated team of experts will execute:
- The detailed start-up procedures
- Interlock safety devices review
- Catalysts & adsorbents loading supervision: dense / sock
- Leak tests supervision
For a smooth Start-up: from oil-in to test run
Following the commissioning step, operators will proceed to the next phase fully supported by Axens experts: the unit start-up.
Our team is at your service for assisting you during the following steps:
- Catalysts activation
- Fresh feed-in
- Unit tuning and stabilization
- Performance tests
Our goal at the end: your unit is efficiently running at full capacity producing on-spec products.
- Our team can maintain 24-hour coverage on site
- Specialists and experts thanks to a wide and proven experience
- Worldwide presence close to operators’ site
Flexible and tailored-made support
To optimize the unit’s performances and conduct troubleshooting, Axens provides assistance either regularly or on-request, as well as either remotely or on-site.
Depending on the required assistance, an Axens Tech Services Advisor is dispatched to the site to evaluate the operation and propose a strategy to recover or improve performance providing the following support:
- Support from Axens Headquarters / regional operational center for troubleshooting (hotline)
- Review current operation and recommend optimizations for plant on-stream profitability
- Assist on-site during unit turnaround (inspection, catalyst loading and re-loading & support for unit re-start)
- Routine / specific analyses including spent catalyst and liquid samples analyses
- Provide regular reporting
- Continuous improvement: recommendations for a better unit profitability
Our team will rely on digital tools and software to provide the most accurate recommendations:
- High Fidelity models available in real-time with Connect’In®
- Model-based predictive control technology with Axens APC algorithm
- Packaged modelling application tuned and validated for refining and petrochemicals units with WebPOS™
Axens provides support for Catalysts & Adsorbents by managing change-outs while meeting cost reduction, targets and deadline with Orchestra™.
Orchestra is a wide and flexible range of integrated services optimizing catalyst and adsorbent change-out phases by:
- Identifying the optimum technical solution in line with operator strategy and constraints,
- Reducing overall turnaround costs,
- Integrating specific needs like catalyst pool management, used products valorization or waste disposal,
- Customizing supply scope, from standard offer to single source turnkey contract,
- Being fully compliant with environmental regulations.
For applications based on non-regenerable adsorbents (AxTrap™ Series) where contamination is an issue, our Sorbotest on-site pilot test is available to help you identify the problem and respond with the appropriate solution. Sorbotest® can be used for both feasibility study and troubleshooting purpose.
Sorbotest is a unique transportable non electrical device using a skid-mounted adsorber that can identify an array of feedstock contaminants.
You might be interested in
Designed for all Axens technologies, dedicated to operators & engineers, Axens offers customized training solutions to all our licensees, covering the whole range of Axens technologies.Discover
A modularization strategy offers superior benefits versus on-site manufacturing. During the last 40 years, Axens has supplied over 500 modular units, both onshore and offshore, providing tailor-made designs according to client project specifications.Discover
Please fill in the form below to get in touch with us