Axens Technologies for IRPC Public Company Limited in Thailand
The complex is due to come on stream in 2015.
The project aims at converting atmospheric residue to high value propylene and aromatics rich gasoline cut.
The Axens technologies included in the project concern the following units:
- Atmospheric Residue Desulphurisation unit (Hyvahl™) – 25,000 BPSD
- C4-cut purification system (Alkyfining®) – 11,400 BPSD
- C4 olefins oligomerization unit (Polynaphtha™) – 11,400 BPSD
- Cracked gasoline selective desulfurization unit (Prime-G+™) – 10,800 BPSD
- Unsaturated LPG treatment unit (Sulfrex™) – 28,000 BPSD.
The Hyvahl™ unit will improve the feed quality to the Deep Catalytic Cracking (DCC) unit while co-producing a diesel cut that can be subsequently upgraded. The DCC technology is licensed by Shaw’s Energy & Chemicals Group. The technology will maximize propylene production at more than 280 thousand tons per annum through a FlexEne™ integrated scheme. This scheme enables to maximize the propylene production by further processing the C4-olefinic stream issued from the catalytic cracking unit. This stream is processed through an Alkyfining® unit (purification step), a Polynaphtha™ unit (oligomerization step) and then the oligomers are recycled to the catalytic cracking step. The unconverted C4 from the Polynaphtha™ unit is a paraffin rich cut suitable for steam cracking unit or LPG pool. This project will definitely reinforce IRPC’s position on Petrochemical market.