HyK™ is Axens high conversion Hydrocracking technology that converts middle distillates or heavy distillates into more valuable products. Apart from the conventional Straight Run VGO, other feeds that could be processed in a hydrocracker includes:
- Heavy Coker Gasoil (HCGO) produced from Delayed coker or Flexicoking process,
- Deasphalted oil (DAO) from SDA,
- VGO cut produced from Resid hydrocracker (ebullated bed or slurry technology),
- Straight run kerosene and diesel,
- LCO coming from FCC,
- LCGO from coker.
In order to adjust the product yields and meet the most profitable production targets it is necessary to choose the right process scheme for each project:
- “Once-Through scheme” offers the possibility to produce middle distillates and valorize the VGO feeds as top-quality Group III lubes or petchem feedstock,
- “Single Stage with Recycle scheme” boosts the conversion and selectivity towards valuable fuels with moderate increase of the investment cost,
- “Two-Stage scheme” offers the best selectivity towards high-value middle distillates or naphtha for petchem while minimizing the unconverted bleed.
Axens’ commercial fixed-bed hydrocracking expertise spans over 60 years
Over 40 licensed units
covering all types of configurations