Going beyond compliance
Typically, in a refinery, energy costs represent around 60% of the OPEX. Any improvement on energy efficiency will have a direct effect on the margin, at a time when margins are tight and big investments hard to justify. Energy efficiency is recognized as one of the lowest-cost options to reduce GHG emissions.
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Audit & Energy Efficiency Improvement
The first step is the audit / site survey where the information required for the study is collected. An instrumental survey can be arranged to gather missing information. Through interviews, the specific needs for the process are taken into account. The audit is performed in accordance with NF EN 16247 and specific local regulatory laws.
Types of solutions considered for minimizing energy consumption include:
- recovering heat through a network of heat exchangers,
- modifying equipment operating conditions (without losing products quality),
- reducing or eliminating energy needs (heated intermediate tank by-pass),
- re-thinking the steam network pressure,
- reviewing utility systems (cogeneration potential),
- synergies between units and/or nearby plants.
Heater Energy Efficiency Improvement
Heaters are one of the biggest energy consumers in the refinery. Axens can assist on the analysis and energy consumption reduction by:
- optimizing heaters operation and control,
- performing preventive maintenance,
- modifying convection section,
- installing an Air Pre Heating (APH) system (FAST approach).
Basic design is the best moment for an operator to optimize the use of every resource.
CEED Studies can be performed at the beginning of the basic engineering stage. The customer selects a set of criteria representing its specific priorities and constraints, for instance energy efficiency, CO2 emissions, or water footprint. Axens then works with them to conduct a study, enabling several options to be elaborated and evaluated, all tailor-made to meet operators’ needs.
Fuel Advanced Savings Technology (FAST)
FAST provides operators the capability to increase Heater efficiency to levels never seen before. By using clear channel APH technology in cross and counter flow, FAST obtains high efficient heat transfer and, at the same time, reduces the risk of fouling. Fuel Advanced Savings Technology utilizes a special coating that allows for operation below the ACID Dew Point (ADP) to overcome the corrosion problems experienced in many high efficiency applications.
FAST is a flexible approach that can be applied to all services and components, in particular the Air Preheater (APH) by using different materials, plate thicknesses and coatings. FAST can be applied to both new and existing equipment
Emission Control Systems
Heurtey Petrochem Solutions provides processes & equipment for emission reductions from :
- Heater / Burner modification for NOx and CO emission reduction
- Post combustion
- Selective Non-Catalytic NOx Reduction (SNCR) and Selective Catalytic NOx Reduction (SCR) using solid urea, urea solution, anhydrous ammonia or aqueous ammonia solution
- Catalytic CO
- Catalytic VOC
- SOx · Particulate matter
- Complete system design, engineering and supply based on in-house expertise and experience
- Extensive CFD modelling carried out to achieve desired reduction
- 95% + reduction achievable
Please fill in the form below to get in touch with us